Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"Nice Pants!"

I was out this morning on my daily trek to Starbucks, about 3 blocks from my house, and as I was waiting for the light to turn green to cross the street I got "Nice pants!" yelled at me from the passenger side of a passing car. Knowing that I was wearing the fetching "lounge pants" pictured here, I took it as a compliment. (They're sweatpants. But since I spend about 90% of my time in them, I call them lounge pants. That's swankier and I feel like less of a loser.)

These lovely pants were the result of a momentary lapse of concentration while in the landromat. I was in the midst of a bleach frenzy and when I got to the load of darks, there was no hesitation. In went the bleach. I realized my mistake about 3 seconds later and I furiously pulled my clothes out and threw them in the next available washer. Thinking I had beat the flow of bleach into the washing machine, I felt pretty good about myself. Until I pulled them out of the dryer an hour later and saw the end result. Well, I thought, that's not going to deter me from wearing them wherever I can. These baby's are comfortable!

My lounge pants have a following. My friends Madelynn Fattibene and Dan Budnik (The Fattnik's!!) like these pants. When I show up to their house and I'm not wearing them I think they're secretly disappointed though they would never say it to my face. (Yes, they're the kind of friends who I can show up to their house for dinner in "lounge pants" and it's completely acceptable. Actually, probably preferred. Awesome).

Needless to say, I'm wearing them now and will only change into "regular" pants when I have my photo shoot this afternoon. Then I'm back in 'em to complete my day!

Enjoy...